DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS


The Department of Electronics came into existence in the year 1984 (with introduction of Electronics subject at B. Sc. Level in the Academic year 1984-85).

• It was introduced under the Government Scheme, “National Technical Manpower Information System (NTMIS)” as per the Govt. Letters, Letter no. UNF 1034/8098, Dt. 21/06/1984 Letter no. N. U. AS/CS/C/5029, Dt. 08/01/1985

• Intake Capacity: 16 Students

• In Charge Teacher: Shri U. K. Puranik, Dept. of Physics

• Followings are the former head of the department:

Shri U. K. Puranik : M. Sc. (Phy), Dept. of Physics, 1983-1984

Dr. M. S. Deshpande: M. Sc. (Phy), Dept. of Physics, Ph. D.,1984-1985

Dr. V. D. Bhandakkar: M. Sc. (Phy), Dept. of Electronics, Ph. D.,1986-2018

Aims and Objectives

1. To develop students’ interest in Electronics as Electronics has made unprecedented growth in terms of new technologies, new ideas and principles.

2. To provide manpower to the various organizations such as WCL, VIDEOCON LTD, WASRDHA POWER STATION and GMR in the vicinity of Warora in particular.

3. To generate potential for the Electronics industry in near future in the country as well as abroad.

4. To provide knowledge of handling Electronics Instruments and systems.

5. To inculcate knowledge about hardware and software of computer as well as programmable systems.

6. To provide Self Employment opportunities in the field of Electronics.

Teaching Staff

Dr. G. K. Singh (Assot. Prof. & Head)